Dreams and Legends Spring to Life Out of the Grass
I was very comfortable here, and getting on with my book. If you want to know, I am just writing an ending for it. I had thought of putting, “...and he lived happily ever afterwards to the end of his days.” It is a good ending, and none the worse for having been used before. Now I shall have to alter that. It does not look like coming true, and anyway there will evidently have to be several more chapters, if I live to write them. It is a frightful nuisance.
- Climbing Mount Fuji - Japan is home to the most serene Mount Fuji, and this is how to climb it.
- Ending a Month-to-Month Lease in California - You only need to give one month’s notice to end a month-to-month lease in California, even if your lease says you need to give more notice.
- Groff Macros - A brief explanation of how to choose which macro package to use with the Unix typesetting system troff (or groff).
- Is Marcie from Peanuts a Lesbian? - What is the deal with Marcie and Peppermint Patty? Are they lesbians? Nope.
- Making the Move from Law Firm to In-House - Associates at big law firms can be surprised by how different it is to work in-house. Here I try to convey a little of what I have learned to make life easier for other people making the same choice.
- Monopoly Rules - Many people think that the rules of Monopoly are like a family recipe for chili. They start with what’s printed on the box and make it their own. Let me explain why those people are wrong.
- Mr. Buchanan, Our Gay President - If an openly gay man were to be elected president today, he would be hailed as the first. But James Buchanan would have him beat.
- Multithreading, Swift and Core Data - The Swift documentation on multithreading is poor, particularly with respect to Core Data. So here are my learnings.
- NSTokenField, Bindings and Core Data - It’s not easy to use
NSTokenFieldand Core Data. Here is a simple example with an explanation of the most important issues.
- Off-Camera Speedlites with a Canon DSLR - So you are the proud owner of expensive Canon Speedlites but you don’t know how to set them up. Here is what to do.
- Published Research - Legal papers I have published under my name.
- Smurf Research Center - Cutting-edge research on Smurfs and their culinary and auric uses.
- Super Mario Bros. Hidden 1-Ups - There are eight invisible 1-up mushroom blocks in Super Mario Bros. Sometimes they are not just invisible, but actually missing. These are the rules for when the player can hit them.